Vintage Seiko AGS Kinetic Mens Watch 5M22-6A80
- Kinetic ~ Powered by the movement of your body
- Seiko Gold Plated (SGP) with Stainless Steel Case
- Date window
- Gold Coloured Dial with Indices (please see photos)
- SGP Stainless Steel Hand Set
- SGP Seconds hand
- SGP Stainless Steel Bracelet
- Case: 39mm across (including the crown)
- Case: 10mm thick
- Dial: 28mm in diameter
- Movement serviced recently at Watchkings, and is functioning perfectly
- New Li-Ion Seiko Capacitor Upgrade professionally fitted at Watchkings
The watch is preloved, but in excellent condition for a 26 year old watch. The bracelet has naturally faded & some plating has worn from the case. Please inspect the photos thoroughly to asses the condition of the watch. We have fitted a brand new upgraded Seiko Li-Ion Capacitor, case gasket using Seiko's own silicon sealing grease throughout, and serviced the original movement, which is functioning perfectly.
The original Stainless Steel Bracelet will fit a maximum wrist size of 185mm approximately.
Seiko Kinetic Explained
Like mechanical and quartz, Kinetic is a platform. Over the past 20 years, SEIKO has created on this platform a suite of Kinetic movements, each bringing unique features to the consumer.
It was at the 1986 Basel Fair that SEIKO unveiled its first Kinetic prototype. Introduced under the trial name of 'AGM', it was the first watch in the world to convert kinetic movement into electrical energy. Taking the first step in a development that, 20 years later, has made Kinetic synonymous with environmental friendliness, high performance and long-lasting convenience to a generation of users worldwide. From the launch in 1988 of the first commercially available watch (then under the new name AGS) until today, since 2007 over eight million Kinetic watches had been sold.